The Impactful Educator Awards
Do you work to embed entrepreneurial education across disciplines, use engaging pedagogies and tools or collaborate with external stakeholders to enhance the impact of your teaching?
The Impactful Educator Awards is a chance for you to be recognised for the work that you are doing to give students the competencies they need to thrive in the 21st Century.
Or do you have a colleague or teacher who has been working hard to use innovative methods to enhance the impact of their teaching? Nominate them!
Impactful Educator Awardees will receive:
- receive recognition from the Impactful Educators community
- be featured among leaders and rising stars in the field
- be awarded a badge of excellence by the educators for impact consoritum
- receive personalised feedback on their initiatives from experts in the field
The Impactful Educator Awards aims to recognise university educators who are supporting the cultivation of an entrepreneurial mindset as a means to enhance the impact of education, address societal challenges, and introduce novelty into the education sector. There are also awards for rising stars who are just beginning their impactful education journeys.
Who are we looking for?
Educators with teaching duties at university ((associate) professors, lecturers, curriculum designers, educational advisors, or PhD students) across different disciplines who are using innovative and engaging teaching practices that help students become more impactful.
Finalists will be showcased in the Impactful Educators of the Year online gallery and through the Educators for Impact social media channels. Awardees will also be celebrated at the UIIN Conference in Madrid, where they will have a chance to present their interventions.
Applications close DATE
Innovative Mindset Master Award
An Innovative Mindset Master works to embed entrepreneurial education in non-entrepreneurship courses to nurture an entrepreneurial mindset and uses elements of innovation to create a demonstrable impact on their students. Elements of interdisciplinarity are important to all categories.
Empowering Learning Journey Hero Award
An Empowering Learning Journey Hero uses engaging pedagogies and tools and elements of innovation to enhance the learning journey of students and create a demonstrable impact. Elements of interdisciplinarity are important to all categories.
Impactful Partnerships Builder Award
An Impactful Partnerships Builder builds collaboration with external stakeholders into their learning programmes and uses elements of innovation to create a demonstrable impact on their students. Elements of interdisciplinarity are important to all categories.
The application form covers the following elements:
- Short Abstract
- Success factors
- What inspired you to launch the initiative?
- How did you utilise interdisciplinarity in the initiative?
- What were the demonstrable outcomes and impact achieved?
The Jury will be made up of experts with demonstrable experience across the three categories.
The award categories will be judged based on evidence of the following criteria:
- Innovative Mindset Master Award (50% evidence embedding EE in a non EE course, 20% elements of innovation, 20% demonstrable outcomes and impact achieved, 10% interdisciplinarity)
- Empowering Learning Journey Hero Award (50% use of engaging pedagogies and tools, 20% elements of innovation, 20% demonstrable outcomes and impact achieved, 10% interdisciplinarity)
- Impactful Partnerships Builder Award (50% collaboration with external stakeholders, 20% elements of innovation, 20% demonstrable outcomes and impact achieved, 10% interdisciplinarity)
About the Educators for Impact Consortium
The Impactful Educators of the Year Awards are organised by the Educators for Impact consortium, consisting of members from the following institutions: The University of Bologna (UNIBO), University Industry Innovation Network (UIIN), BANTANI Education, Technische Universiteit Delft (TU Delft) and Institut Mines-Telecom Business School (IMTBS). The consortium is committed to empowering educators to develop an entrepreneurial mindset and to integrate entrepreneurial education and innovative pedagogiesd across all higher education disciplines in order to create more employable, self-sustainable and impactful graduates.
Monday 11th December: Entries open
Monday 1st January 12pm: Entries closed
TBD: Awardees announced
TBD: Award ceremony